About the programme
Connecting Shropshire is a programme bringing faster broadband to areas where it isn’t economically viable for commercial companies to provide it.
Our aspiration is to:
- Deliver superfast broadband* to all premises in the Shropshire Council area;
- Continue to look for funding to support our aim to provide all premises in the Shropshire Council area with access to superfast broadband;
- Support Shropshire businesses and residents in embracing and optimising the use of broadband as part of everyday life;
- Attract additional commercial superfast broadband infrastructure investment;
- Work with the Mobile Network Operator market to encourage wider exploitation of 4G and 5G data coverage throughout Shropshire to complement broadband infrastructure.
* superfast broadband is capable of delivering 30 megabits per second (mbps).